Saturday, January 21, 2017

How to Know You are Walking in Your Purpose


After almost thirty years of walking in what I deemed as my purpose, I have come to the realization while embarking on the second chapter of my life, I don't really know where to go next.  I know what I am good at, which is an endless stream of many many things.  However, choosing the one to focus on, especially if I want to make a living doing it, has been quite challenging.

My family and friends ask me all the time why do I have to do anything.  Why do I keep insisting on working?  Why can't I just be content with retirement?  Am I the only one who feels their questions are strange?  I look at them the way they look at me...like we both are idiots.  As I think about it now, I guess the truth is, I'll probably die if I don't work in some fashion.  My husband tells me to do what makes me feel good as long as he and our baby are first.  However, I know he'd be elated if I stay home and cater to them as if I have no other desire in the world.  Don't get me wrong.  They are my passion and purpose.  They are just not my only passion and purpose.

Since I retired from the Army in 2015, I knew I wanted to continue to be a good wife, a good mother, and start my own business in life coaching.  I was so convinced this was my calling, I started planning and coaching many years before rendering my final salute to the daily grind of military life.

The fact of the matter is, no one told me I'd be spending countless hours and countless dollars trying to get paying clients.  Because of this eye-opening experience, I have tried my hand at the other things I am good at only to financially stay afloat.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't had to resort to getting a job I don't want to do.  God, please keep me from ever going that route ever.  I know what it feels like to rather jump off a cliff than spend a second doing something I hate.  I'll save that song for another record o.k.

It's been a year of trials.  Some of the trials have been good but the good are countable on one hand.  I know it takes time for businesses to really take off...I know this.  Yet, telling my bank account to hold on is not working out too well.  I spend my days asking God to lead me to my breakthrough. Where is it?


So, the other day, as I was cleaning the kitchen, I ran across a great video presentation which told about knowing your purpose.  Have you ever heard something you already knew yet it was like you had heard something you had never heard before?  I learned we feel this way when our souls are in receiving mode.  It's a lot like when you are craving a certain food but don't know what food you are craving for until you finally get it.  Doesn't it just hit the spot?  Don't you just feel as if you walked right into heaven?  


To read the entire e-book you may send an email to 

Nikki Ruffin -Smith exhaletoexcel@gmail.com 

OR purchase here: 

 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/7-steps-how-to-know-you-are-walking-in-your-purpose-e-book-and-purpose-map-tickets-31369698613










No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...