Wednesday, July 5, 2017

1st day of the Phenomenal Days of Manifestation


Trick of Opportunity


Note:  If you can, we are fasting (only liquids) until 6 pm unless you are on medication that requires food; in your journal write 3 things you are grateful for prior to starting each lesson.

Ya'll I'm so ready, I can hardly type :-)

Lets go....

When defeat over takes you, the most logical thing you think of doing is throwing in the towel.  Sometimes the defeat is so overwhelming you almost never consider to "count it all joy".  You can hardly fix your lips/your heart to utter the words, let alone feel the words.  But God!  

You must!!!!  When you think it's over, it's really beginning.  The fat lady is getting ready to sing...she's getting ready sing...she's singing....she's singing LOUD!

Can you think of the times you almost stopped three feet from gold?  What if you had?  Name those times in your journal or in the comment section if you'd like.

I remember failing so badly my first and second semester of college.  I failed so miserably I began to think all the As I received in high school were bogus.  I had always been told I was very smart.  I even believed it until college.  So, why did I feel so dumb?  Well, after I took a break from college, due to Desert Shield/Storm, I started focusing more on adult things instead of college...like "real life" stuff.  I went to war.  You can't get any realer than that.  I got married.  I got pregnant.  Then, you know what?  I stopped feeling dumb and realized I had to muster up enough confidence and feel great again.  You see, I had a whole lot more than me to think about.  I could no longer afford to wallow in the sorrow of defeat, I just didn't have time.  People were depending on me.  A little person was depending on me.  I was depending on me.  So, I went back to school.  It wasn't easy, especially with a baby and husband.  But, I went back and got my associates, my bachelors, and then eventually my masters.  The greatest part was I received them all with honors.  Yes, I am smart (smile).  Now, I am planning for my doctorate.

There is no such thing as defeat.  There is only temporary setbacks which are setups for victory!!!!

It's your turn.  Write down one or two of your past failures.  How did you turn it around?  If you haven't, how will you turn it around?


Gratitude:

Thank you God for all I share from my experiences.
Thank you God for this audience of beautiful phenomenal women.
Thank you God for blessing us beyond measure


5 comments:

  1. One of my past failures happen back in 2006 ,when I had the opportunity to attend college again after being a single parent for almost 10yrs. I got accepted at Virginia Commonwealth University to continue to presue my Degree in Nursing. My first year went well . I was living on campus in the medical dormitory around students that was about their education. I was barely making it financially. I had no support from family financialy. I had to end up working as a care partner at the university hospital near campus. I still had responsible back in Atlanta which was a almost 13yr old Son that also needed financial support. So I had to work full time at night to make ends meet in the meantime,classes begin to get intense the closer I was getting to get excepted into the Nursing program. I was under alot of pressure around the second semester of my second year. My mind shifted into survival mode which through my focus of the thing that I've always dreamed of doing and that's helping others. I turned in all my letters of recommendations to all my professor to recommend you to get excepted into the Nursing program. Turned and walked away from my Dream that I wanted so badly and never looked back. I Later received all the letters that I was one of few students that was recommended to be in the Nursing program. One of my Biggest Failures in my life is to have walked away from something that meant so much to me. Moral of my story is that no matter what life bring your way never give up on your dreams. Push to the limit. As I look back all I needed was just a little support to say keep going You Got This. But unfortunately I never got it. Now I know there is no person or thing can stop what God has for you.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Phenomenal story and testimony. You have all the love and support you need now. It's up to you to go after it if you want it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had so many past failures, but the one that haunts me the most is that I gave up on everything that I ever thought I wanted to do. Giving up on anything that is most important to you is failure within itself. So many years, I've always had the know how, I always could do something if someone else pushed me or walked with me to do it, but I never had confidence to walk alone and carry anything out. I wanted to finish college at that time, I wanted to see the world and travel and I still do, I wanted to really go further in the military than I did but FEAR of being successful has plagued me all of my life. I never had enough drive to push myself into what was already within me and that is greatness. My biggest failure has been starting and quitting and walking away because I just didn't have the confidence or belief in myself to see it through but NOW, things are all different. I am have learned and I am still learning that the Universe will deliver everything even confidence if I change my mindset and see myself differently. It is a true blessing to be able to acknowledge my past failures and not be afraid to admit them, but not allow my past to live anywhere in my present moment. My past is my past because I've learned from it. I wished it had been quicker but I feel that I'm right on God's time and my today and tomorrow will not be affected by my past. I'm the only one who can hold me back by not changing my mindset. God wants the very best for me and He has given me everything that I need to dream again and to accomplish everything that I gave up on in the past. WEll, except military...lol, that was then and this is now and my desires are so much bigger!!! I'm well on my way to greater accomplishments that I will see through to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Lolitha. Working on my profile. Not sure how to post a photo.

      Delete
  4. Phenomenal Testimony! Make your future so bright it changes your past.

    ReplyDelete

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...