Saturday, December 10, 2016

Fibromyalgia - A Soldier's Story



It still amazes me how many suffer with pain as I do.  I've recently read testimonies of pain even I can't relate to.  The pain is really always there but there are times I feel I can run miles and miles even in the pain of "6".  When you've lived with what I've lived with, that number is heaven.  How ironic huh?  Number 6 is heaven.

Anyway, I refuse to join groups where people seem to complain or write day after day of how miserable the day before was.  They go on to write how miserable tomorrow will be too.  I'm like, really people?  I'm trying to feel better here.  Why don't we all just die already if we're going to moan and groan all the days we have left on the earth.  Don't get me wrong.  I am one of the most compassionate people you probably will ever know.  However, whining is something I can't seem to take so well any more. You see, my illness has made me a little less tolerant of things like whining.  I believe in JOY, LOVE, and most of all PEACE.  If my body is riddled with pain, I think the the other part of me, called my mind can be manipulated enough to believe I am at peace.  What you think?

So, in this group of mine, it is okay to talk about your pain.  But, I encourage that we strive more towards the brighter side of it.  There is a brighter side.  For example, most of us aren't paralyzed I don't believe.  Most of us are still breathing and may be breathing on the day there is a cure discovered.  What a blessing.  If we are not among the living when there is a cure found, at least it feels good to think that we do have a chance.  Just thinking about the possibility brings me joy.  I hope it does the same for you.

Thank you for joining.  Thank you for contributing.  Thank you for bringing positive energy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...