Sunday, October 23, 2016

Phenomenal Sponsorship Course Agenda



Phenomenal Sponsorships!


Make your relationships with Corporate Sponsors a phenomenal one.

You must think, would I want someone coming along just asking for what they want from me?  The answer is no.  You must first, build a relationship. Second, in a tough economy the expanding number of nonprofits vying for the same corporate dollars so stand out.  I suggest reaching low then aiming HIGH.  I’ll talk about that later.
1. What is your target audience:
a.    Identify which businesses are active in your community.  Then, identify who they usually support.  This will narrow down their target.  Identify if they are the right fit for your cause and/or event.  These companies can include:
i.     Corporations headquartered/Distribution Centers – For example, Nissan and Amazon have a strong presence in my city.  Also, the local businesses are essential identifying.  For example, Home Cooked Meals has a strong presence in my city. (Note, all sponsorship may not be monetary.  We all need to eat?)
ii.     Branches of large companies.  For example, my bank is Service Credit located way in Portsmouth, NH.  So, I found a local extension in my city.  This is key.  I have been a strong member for almost 30 years.  I am almost certain they will want to keep me happy.  What do you think?  Another strong relationship I’ve developed over the years is T-Mobile and Boost.  Almost every city has those companies.  As you sit down and go through the motions of this exercise, you’ll also come up with many more.
iii.     Local businesses – Take time to write our more here.  The more you identify, the better your chances.  If you should need a database of your cities local businesses email me exhaletoexcel@gmail.com. Subject:  SPONSOR HELP!
iv.     Local sports teams -  I never thought of this one really  until now.  Isn’t that something?  Write it down and more ideas will follow.  So, for example, here is a list in my surrounding area:
·         Nashville Predators. 43 reviews. ...
·         Nashville Sounds Baseball. 38 reviews. ...
·         Nashville Kangaroos. 2 reviews. ...
·         Tennessee Titans. 8 reviews. ...
·         Nashville Metros Professional Soccer. 1 review. ...
·         Knoxville Ice Bears. Professional Sports Teams. ...

You better believe, I am definitely going to talk with them.  Yes, indeed.  If you are on my “A Phenomenal Woman’s Planning Team” here is the website for more potential sponsors –
Note, the City Winery is a key influence as well!!!!!!
b.    “Make sure you’re going after the right corporate sponsor category.  For example, if it’s a kids’ walk-a-thon you are probably not going to reach out to a luxury brand like Gucci.  Similarly, if it’s a designer fashion show fundraiser soliciting the local bakery is most likely a waste of time.  Moreover, if that local bakery were to sponsor, it will deter a national brand from wanting to affiliate with you.”
2. Friends, Friends of Friends, Family, the folks down the Street are also important and as PHENOMENAL:
Do you rub elbows with key people on a daily basis?  Well, some of them are just as eager to show case their brand as you are to have them.  Ask them! 




To find out more of what this course offers contact me at exhaletoexcel@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...