Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A Phenomenal Grandmother Ebook (I too Sing America)



I too Sing America


I am the darker brother.
They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes,
But I laugh,
And eat well,
And grow strong.
Tomorrow,
I’ll be at the table
When company comes.
Nobody’ll dare
Say to me,
“Eat in the kitchen,”
Then.
Besides,
They’ll see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed—
I, too, am America. 

Langston Hughes


This world will always be in constant flux.  The Bible speaks of it.  Therefore, equipping my grandson with everything he needs spiritually, emotionally, physically and intellectually is a must.  As a proud but cautious member of the African American community, it is imperative to have all the I’s dotted and all the t’s crossed.  You never know what our black children, especially our black young men will encounter.  So, every day I pray.

A Prayer for Joziah –

I pray that your blackness would never make you the target of hate crimes, racial profiling or other manners of injustice. I pray that you would never know what it is to be followed by a cop, a store clerk, or some random man on the street who thinks you are suspicious simply because you exist. I pray that you would never be harassed, never have to defend your actions, and never have to cower in fear over what someone might do to you. And if the Lord shall tarry ten, twenty, or even forty years, I pray that your days would be long and full of happiness, peace, and joy that only God can give.
                                                                                 black-son (3)


Since the beginning of time, grandmothers have been the 

intercessors, the prayer warriors, and voice of reason when

it comes to what’s best for children.  Prayer is essential to

counteracting negativity.  The media is one of those vessels

of negativity.  It’s not all the time but it is definitely

majority of the time.  I remember when the news reported

the crime, the criminal, the age, the sex and the race of the

criminal.  Of course majority of those crimes reported, and

I do mean reported, were of young black men.  If that’s not

negativity.  Then, I don’t know what is.   So, now the

media has gotten away from that…openly.  It’s still done...



www.exhaletoexcel.org






No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...