Saturday, October 22, 2016

For My Mommy




Mommy do you hear me?
Do you hear me say, I love you with all my heart?
I know you know, you always know no matter how much I tell you.
Mommy you are me and I am you!
You hear my unspoken words even when I hide them in the silence of my tears. Mommy do you hear me? I know you do, you always have.
When I cried for you as an infant, as a toddler, as a teenager, as a young adult...even as I flourish now in the middle of my life.
You heard my cry.
You heard me as I gave birth to my little girls, hoping that they love me as I love you.
Mommy do you hear me?
I know you do, even when you gasped for air, clung to life and welcomed what God now has in store.
Your soul and mine intertwine as we know they will forever. Mommy do you hear me? Do you hear me? Do you hear me? Do you hear me telling you that I'm not willing to let go of this life we share 'cause I will miss your smile, your beautiful skin, you love for us, your wonderful sense of humor, your undying love for God, your zest for life and most of all, your strength.

Mommy do you hear me while I now say I'll see you later in Heaven.


Found in my memoir A Phenomenal Woman
Ebook can be purchased on amamzon.com now for $4.99


No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...