Friday, July 7, 2017

Day 3 of 21


Cut all Resources of Retreat


Have you ever been in a position where you had no other choice but to finish what you started?  If so, what was your situation?  How did you handle it?  Guess what????  You didn't die.  You made it through.

Let me tell about one of my many experiences.  One of my friend's son had learned to swim.  We were all excited for him.  My daughter and I decided to go swimming with my friend and her family.  I really wanted to see the young man swim.  I thought maybe he could teach me something.  Although I can keep from drowning, I am no real swimmer.  Anyway, he asked me to dive off the 12 foot diving board if he did.  You see, he was only six years old.  I didn't know he could dive like he was 26 and swimming for 26 years (lol).

I figured I'd accept the challenge merely because I thought he really wouldn't do it.  Why was it the first thing he did when we got in the pool?  Yes.  Well, I figured I'd follow through on my promise.  It was a promise.  Most of all, I had made a promise to a six year old.  I had to do it.  My heart beat was felt all over my body.  My life started flashing before my eyes.  After a few strokes (what I call strokes) in the pool, I made my way to the diving board.  Lord, I wanted to scream for somebody to beg me to not jump.  Instead I got applause.  WTW?  All the kids were looking at me, even the ones who weren't ours.  The life guard noticed my reluctance and moved closer to the boards.  My daughter was admiring every step I made.  I could see it in her big beautiful eyes.  There was no turning back, not now for sure.

I climed slowly to the top, then walked out to the tip of the board.  Guess what?  I began to look around then down.  My mouth went dry.  My legs felt like jelly.  I looked back in an effort to turn back but my body would not follow my mind.  I was too afraid to turn back.  Turning back was scarier than jumping at that point.  I looked to heaven and yelled here goes.

I...I...I JUMPED!  

I told you this story to say sometimes you just have to jump.  Look at these 21 days as jumping because turning back is more frightening than continuing.  No retreat; no surrender!

Keep going!  Stop thinking about turning back.  In fact, there is no other option at this point my friend.  You must continue.  We are on day three.  You made it to day three.


Gratitude:

Thank you God for giving me the strength to keep going
Thank you God for growth due to previous experiences
Thank you God for development

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I was in a postion where I couldn't help but to finish what I started. Well I can say I had no other choice but to finish. It was back in the early 2000 where I started Pharmacy Tech School. I Had no other choice but to go to school in the day time while my Son was in school. I had to quit my full time day job which was making ends meet at the time. The program was an 11month program . Being a single parent . I still had to continue to pay bills and provide for my Son. I couldn't work a full time job because of the care of my Son and leaving him with people was not on my list. So I had to pick up a part time job at Subway working a few hours in the evening. The pay was much less than what I was use to getting. 5mos into the program I decided I was going to leave school once again to continue making sure my Son and I wouldn't have to scruggle. But when I spoke it over with instructors that I was going to have to give up school. All of the spoke highly of me and told me there want be any quitting. Where there is a will there's a way. That was enough to give me the Determination and the Drive to Finish What I Started. Not only that, I finished with Honors.It was reminded once again that God speaks through his People. We have the intuition in us to know wehen he's sending us our Validation. KEEP TRUSTING AND BELEIVEING










    ReplyDelete

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...