Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I Looked at it Differently

I looked at it differently and saw beauty.

Today while preparing to clock out on my lunch break, I stopped at the restroom.  As I was washing my hands, I glanced in the mirror at my unmade face (only eyebrows done) and saw much more than an unmade face.  I saw sparkly gray strands neatly curled on each side of my temples.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen gray there before, even when there wasn't any grey there to physically see.  I knew eventually it would come.  Not much though.  My mother, her mother, and her mother all grey'd at the temples.  So, I kind've knew I'd be grey there too.  At least that is one thing I'm open to inheriting.

Anyway, there it was...the grey.

For the first time since I embarked on my 40's, my eyes lit up in awe!  My eyes lit up in wonder at such wonderfulness!

Without a second thought, I immediately saw beauty.  Of course something in me wanted to rethink what I just thought cause no one I know, especially at my age, has said their natural grey is beautiful. But, I immediately dismissed the second thought and breathed in a deep breath of thankfulness.  It's truly a blessing.  Yet, I have to wonder, am I finally accepting that I too am aging?  Or am I accepting my beauty at this age?

Either way, it's cool.  In fact, it's beautiful.  I looked at it differently and saw beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...