Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Fathers Need Their Little Girls




You read about how little girls are affected by not having their fathers in their lives.  Well, I decided to turn the table and tell my "second hand" experience of why I think fathers need their little girls in their lives.

Growing up, my dad was in and out of my life.  No matter what the reason may have been, I know (I know) he carried me in his heart and mind daily.  There is no way he could/would have made it as long as he did if I wasn't some where snuggled deeply next to the ticker that kept his heart beating.

When my dad did see me, his eyes lit up like ten thousand stars.  When he did call, I could practically see his kool-aide smile on the other end of the line.  When we parted ways, I know he stood a little taller, his stride was a little longer, and his chest stood out a whole lot prouder all because of me!

So, now that I have a mini-me, I enjoy watching my husband's reaction when our princess screams like a mad woman every time he walks in the door.  He could have just walked out five minutes before.  Her reaction remains the same.  MAD WOMAN!

There are times he may decide it's just the two of them going out for the day.  I welcome those times too because she does for him what I did for my dad.  She gives him the inspiration to be greater, stronger, and better in a world that often says it's not possible.

He needs her!  She needs him!  They need each other.

Fathers need their little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...