Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I Did It For Love



Last Night I bought two CDs (something I haven't done in quite a while).  One CD was Leela James' "Did it For Love".  I will not mention the other, only because I haven't listened yet.  If it is good, you'll read all about it for sure.

As for, "I Did it For Love", I got what I spent on it and then some.  I can't turn it off.  Have you ever heard something...not only heard it, but felt it?   This is exactly my experience.  Have you ever bought an album or CD, only to find yourself in tune with one or maybe two of the songs?  In fact, you could really do without the CD all together.  You wished you'd bought a "single song" instead right?  Perhaps just listening to the song on the radio would've been the better choice after being duped out of $12.  Not here ladies and gentlemen.

You probably think Ms. James is paying me to say all of this (lol).  Honey, she's not.  I'm paying respect because it is well deserved.  Here's the title list:

Hard For Me
Don't Mean A Thang
Don't Want You Back
Real Talk - Relationships
I Remember
To Love You (Featuring Dave Hollister)
There 4 U
This Day is For You
Take Me
All Over Again
Our Love
Did it For Love

Each song takes me on a trip around the world and back again.  So, I'm choosing to write about my mental, emotional, and spiritual experience each day, after listening to each song for the "umpteeth" time.  Can't help it ya'll.  Just can't help myself.  It's been a long time since I felt this good listening to music in this day and time.  Music for me these days don't move me like my "momma's music" did.  You know what I mean?

So, my dear readers, I ask that you follow me on this journey.  You don't need no money, just your time and your heart for I'll be back with "Hard For Me".

Thank you Leela James.


No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...