Friday, January 22, 2016

Every Day There is Something to Be Grateful For



Tonight while scanning through my Facebook page, I came across something that really stood out. Of course in this world of "posts" I usually find several things that make me do a double take.  Well, there has been nothing like this.  Let me tell you about it.  No, how about I share the actually posts:

*****Note, I deleted all the names involved except mine.

Initial Comment:

Something pretty amazing happened today. I have been working on my credit, saving and 
changing my attitude about money. We were released from work early and I said, I wonder if I 
can get a checking account.  On a whim, I drove straight to my bank. He pulled the report and 
instantly I was approved. I have not had a checking account in six years, but it sure feels good to 
know I'm on the right path financially.

Replies:

Comments
Congratulations!! What an amazing accomplishment.

 It felt so good!!

Woot woot!!! Congrats!

Congrats!

Amazing! I am on the same road I got a checking and savings! God is great! Fixing my credit so I can buy my house!

That's awesome! Congratulations!

That's great news. This is only the beginning!


Reply from me:

Nikki Smith I might sound really out of touch (or bourgeois) but it's only for a 

minute until I get to my main point. So, bare with me and charge it to my head, not 

my heart. But, reading your comment turned on a light for me. Really, like a reality 

check kind of light. I never knew there were people who do not have bank accounts 

because they can't get one. I thought they didn't have bank accounts because they 

either did like my great grandma (put money under the mattress or in the closet) 

OR they just didn't want one. Silly me! Now my point is, this "ah ha" moment is 

going on my gratitude list at the top. You see, me having a bank account, since the 

age of 17, to me was a right. Having a bank account to me, until now, was not even a 

second thought. When in fact, it's actually a privilege and something to be oh so 

grateful for. Thank you so much for sharing this. I congratulate you my sister for 

your accomplishment, as well as being so open and so real. You opened my eyes and 

my heart.

__________________________________________________________________



Am I the only one who was this naive?  Am I the only one who was so lost and now see? Wow, I am truly truly at a lost for words about how this enlightened me.  It's not the bank account any more.  It's everything.  Any thing.  It is a blessing to have walked through a dark room and have someone turn on the light.  

Is ignorance bliss?   



No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...