Friday, October 6, 2017

How to Know You Are Making the Right Decision




I was asked by a friend of mine, "how do you know you are making the right decision? How do you know you are receiving God's best for your life and not settling?"

Well, I didn't want to rush my answer so I asked her if I could speak to her later about it.  I wanted time to meditate on the question.  I wanted time to say things that came from my head and heart because I believe her question required both.  I also wanted time to apply sound counsel and biblical principles.

First, life isn't a one size fits all deal. Life certainly isn't a fairy tale. Life is what we make of it. Many of us do not believe all of the answers to our questions about our lives lie right there within us.  God, Spirit, Infinite Intelligence, is in us all day, everyday.  We just have to believe it.  We must believe we are making decisions for our good.  I think the common challenge we have to overcome is fear of pain and/or fear of the unknown.  Well, that's where faith comes into play.  No matter what we choose, we must make a decision.  There will always be challenges whichever road we take.  Just know though,  anything worth having requires upkeep and upkeep sometimes is a challenge.

Now, I have to say that if someone is indecisive more than decisive, then I believe there lies the answer.  God is not the author of confusion.

1 Corinthians 14:33

New International Version
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
So, if your decision feels right, gives you peace, and you smile to yourself when you think of the choice you made...I say, you got it going on baby.  You are on the right path.

For example, a young lady I met the other day had moved to another city, away from her fiance, to attend school.  She was so happy about her decision to go to this new school.  Yet, she could tell it wasn't the best decision for her relationship.  Because she loved the young man very much, she became unsure about ending her relationship or going back to her home town where she could get the same classes she was taking in the new city and keep her boyfriend happy.  Her dilemma - she was offered a great internship at an advertisement agency through the school she was now attending.

She was ecstatic.  Well, she told her boyfriend about it and asked if he'd consider moving to be with her.  He said no without any hesitation.  Just like that!  I couldn't wait to hear what her friend had to say.  I didn't chime in because no one asked my opinion. Anyway, the friend consoled her and said relationships go both ways.  There has to be giving and getting on both ends.  She didn't understand how the boyfriend could be so finite.  He didn't bat an eye.

What I gathered from the story is, the girlfriend's answer to her question was within her.  She had been shown how much her boyfriend was willing to bend for her...none at all.  So, yes she made the right decision in choosing her new school.  It was time for her to live for her.

In closing, we all are still growing.  We will continue to grow until the day we die. We have to trust the process.  The Creator didn't bring us here to leave us.  His presence lives within.  All we have to do is KNOCK, SEEK, and FIND.




No comments:

Post a Comment

9 Ways to Double Your Income During COVID-19

One of the best ways to double your income is to figure out what’s working and do more of that . Duh! Sounds simple enoug...